Copycat Zupas Kale and Quinoa Soup is perfect for a cold day. Zupas Cafe has some great soups, and I just had to recreate this one.
I love soup. Doesn’t really matter if its spring, summer, fall or prime- soup- season winter. Soup is also a great way to meal prep for the week. Cook a big batch of Copycat Zupas Kale and Quinoa Soup and then you have food ready and available. Also most soups freeze great, so you can even make some ahead of time. Here is my latest veggie obsession.
Kale and Quinoa Soup
- Melt coconut oil over medium heat. Saute onion, celery, carrots, and zucchini until soft with a pinch of salt.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Then add diced tomatoes and cook for a minute longer
- Pour in quinoa, broth and water. Add 1 tsp of salt, bay leaves and red pepper. Allow pot to boil and then reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover partially with a lid for 25 minutes.
- Add the beans, edamame and kale. Simmer for 5 minutes more until greens have reduced.
- Remove from heat and add lime juice. Also add more salt (if needed) and freshly ground black pepper.
- Top with parmesan cheese if desired.