Pancakes are a classic breakfast that everyone loves right?
! They tend to get a little boring though, so it’s great to mix things up a little bit. These Macadamia Nut Banana Pancakes are AMAZING though. It’ll bring something new to your breakfast.
Make sure to add my coconut syrup and they are to die for!!
Last month I visited one of the most beautiful places in all of the U.S…..Maui, HI. It was lush and green with towering cliffs and turquoise water. I had no idea what a “foodie paradise” Maui was. From super fancy restaurants to hole-in-the-wall breakfasts joints, there is something for everyone. Before I left for my trip, I made sure to ask for recommendations on where to eat. Just about every single person I talked to said to go to the Gazebo Restaurant. I had heard about these pancakes even before I stepped foot onto the island.
After about an hour of waiting in the rain (yes there is no ‘wait list’ you literally just stand in line) I was able to order my own stack of these infamous banana pancakes. (*Spoiler Alert*) They were amazing. Well, beyond amazing, really. I knew the minute I tasted these bad boys I need to copycat them…Veggie Lisa Style!
What made the pancakes so delicious was the coconut syrup. This would be a great post-workout meal served with your favorite protein. ENJOY!!!
Do you love this classic Hawaiian treat?
Make it healthier with my version. Don’t skip on the syrup, it only takes 15 mins to make
Banana Macadamia Nut Pancakes
Serving size: 2
- Blend in small bowl the following: banana, egg whites, maple syrup (or trivia)m, vanilla and coconut oil
- Sift in a separate bowl: baking powder, oat flour and salt
- Pour wet ingredients over dry and stir until just combined.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter onto hot griddle. Cook until lightly brown (about 1-2 mins).
- Flip pancake and serve with warm coconut syrup, sliced banana, unsweetened coconut flakes and chopped macadamia nuts.