Makes 6 waffles
Fall is once again upon us; taunting us with her beautiful colors, cool mornings and of course, her biggest star of the season, pumpkin. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin cake, and pumpkin Chapstick (you get the picture). Even though these all sound delicious and healthy (pumpkin is a vegetable, right) most of them are not even close. Pretty much anything will taste good if you add enough butter and sugar. But don’t throw your pumpkin dreams away just yet, because here is a pretty amazing and healthy pumpkin recipe to fulfill your deepest fall fantasies.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with nonstick spray
- Mix first four ingredients
- Mix all wet ingredients into another bowl (do not add chips yet)
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients until incorporated. Add in chocolate chips
- Cook in a waffle maker
- Feel free to freeze the extra waffles!
Per Serving (1 waffle)
Calories: 278 Fat: 10g; Protein: 8g; Total Carbs: 40g; Net Carbs: 32g; Fiber: 8g