I love to make a healthy Winter Salad Bowl.
This Buddha Bowl is going to be the perfect meal that will provide the comfort that we all picture in winter! This bowl has all the power-packed super-foods you could need all in one spot. Check out the recipe below!
While this winter salad requires a little bit of prep work, I promise it’s totally worth it. The great thing is, you can double all the ingredients and roast those and have another delicious meal all ready for another day.
When we are trying to change our lifestyle, and really be healthy, meal prep is key. If you take just 5 minutes through out the day to just do a little meal prep, it will go a long way. When you start to make that a habit, you’ll see that it makes a huge difference in being able to have a great healthy lunch during work, or bedtime snack.
Winter Salad Buddha Bowl
*To roast kale take leaves off the stem. Tear into smaller pieces. Toss with a few drizzles of olive oil and salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until edges are slightly crispy.
- Layer greens of choice
- Add veggies. I like to group mine together in sections according to color.
- Add grain of choice (quinoa, brown rice, couscous)
- Add avocado and hummus
- Top with sweet potato curls
- Add dressing
- Drain the liquid from the cashews
- Add everything but the water in a high powered blender and blend well.
- Slowly add in water until it is thin enough to drizzle over salad.